Hello, I'm Paula and this is a bit About Meadowsweet
I started my full-time practice Meadowsweet Holistic Health, in 2002. After qualifying as a Medical Herbalist, I wanted to name my practice after meadowsweet, the beautiful wild flower and herb shown on my Home page. It was also the favourite flower of my Grandmother, who also used the meadowsweet plant medicinally on her farm in rural Herefordshire. I was born in Hereford on the Welsh borders and spent much of my childhood and beyond, staying in Pembrokeshire, where I loved finding meadowsweet among the wildflowers.
Meadowsweet is now one of many native herbs and wildflowers grown on the smallholding in rural Norfolk, where you can see my real love of nature, animals and wildlife and I enjoy showing the many herbs growing, which may be used in treatments.
Consultations and Clinic
A range of courses, workshops, talks, pamper and wellbeing days are available, held in the separate comfortable annexe/clinic or and in the wild garden. This includes the kitchen pharmacy, consulting room, where the walls are adorned by pictures of wild flowers and herbs, and calming lavender therapy room.
I have worked in private, public and charitable sectors, in various roles, working with young people and adults. I was initially Teacher trained and still sometimes lecture at local colleges. I later qualified at post-graduate level as a Careers Adviser and also now use Coaching and Therapies in my Private practice. I have specialised in helping individuals with physical and learning disabilities as well as mental health conditions, PTSD and many Neuro divergent individuals, to maximise skills and achieve goals. This has included increasing confidence in finding and maintaining employment. My experience has fuelled my passion, which is to enhance self-efficacy, to motivate individuals to believe and feel confident in their capability to attain what they want in life. So to understand themselves and what they value, so as to find true meaningful activities in their life.
I am very passionate in treating the whole person. This is done by helping treat causes not just symptoms and enabling individuals to feel more fulfilled and to make choices. I help individuals to set and achieve goals in relation to career, home, family, friends, finance and other activities.
This may help to empower you to move from survivor to thriver, and gain strategies to make lifestyle changes as well as to maintain a natural balance to life. This is done by using your own inner resources and self- healing potential to overcome barriers, to find your authentic meaning in life to increase wellbeing .
I am dedicated to life-long learning and continuously gain new qualifications and learn new skills and techniques so as to better help my clients. I undertake Continued Professional Development training to meet the requirements of various Professional bodies and have regular ongoing therapy supervision. .
Consultations are available at the clinic in Carleton Rode and amongst nature where meadowsweet and other herbs feature. Or by telephone or online. Employer, training provider visits are also available.
Schedule of fees are as follows:
£50 Per Therapy/Coaching/Careers guidance/ Initial Herbal 2 hour consultation session.
Depending on what you need, can be a combination of my experience and knowledge in all these areas
£40 per Reflexology / Indian Head massage/Ear candling and Reiki session. Again, I am often asked to offer a combination of these, including hypnotherapy, so as to enable individuals to access a total state of relaxation, whilst Im working on specific areas.
Payment may be made by Cash, Cheque or BACS and is due at the time of the appointment, unless otherwise arranged.
Herbal products and formula prices depend on individual formulas
Paula (Cert Ed, Dip CG, A.S.H.A.H Dip.HPsych, Adv.Hyp, MAMH) is a professional member of the following organisations:
Qualified and experienced in:
- Advanced Hypnotherapy (The Academy of Clinical & Medical Hypnosis Ltd-ACMH)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy (The Academy of Clinical & Medical Hypnosis Ltd)
- Diploma in Professional Hypnotherapy and NLP (Anglia School of Hypnotherapy and NLP)
- Diploma in Advanced Hypnotherapy and NLP (Anglia School of Hypnotherapy and NLP)
- Certificate in Hypnosis and PTSD (NCHP)
- Diploma in Careers Guidance. (Post Grad)
- Certificate in Education. Newman Teacher Training University, Birmingham
- OCR Level 4 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (Post 16)
- Diploma in Iridology(Guild of Naturopathic Iridologists/ International)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills at University of East Anglia (Person centred)
- Connexions Personal Advisers University Diploma -De Montfort University
- Diploma in Life Coaching and NLP. Newcastle College
- Diploma in Herbal Medicine & Natural healing (The Selfheal School for Herbalists & Natural Healers)(Distinction)
- Training in Systematic Instruction (TSI) Job Coaching Certificate and The complete Job Trainer Certificate
- Certificate & Diploma in Stress management/ consultancy (ACMH/John Dewar school of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy)
- Certificate in Nutrition & Weight Management(Future Fit Training)(Distinction)
- British Sign Language stage 1
- EMDR techniques and applications (Dr Nick Parmar/Mind-field Training)
- EMDR & EMDR Accelerated Practitioner Certificate (GHSC/Warwickshire School of Hypnotherapy)
- EFT/Emotrance Practitioner training (Sibereus Foundation/Passion for Health/Assoc of meridian energy therapies)
- Associate & Trainer for Keith Stead Associates, training Practitioners in the Rickter scale process.
- Accredited Supervisor in Eclectic Therapy Supervisory Skills (National Council of Psychotherapists/GHSC)
- Certificates in Mindfulness ( Part 1&2- The Clem Turner Hypnotherapy, Cognitive & Behavioural Practice/Work Life Balance Centre)
- BABTAC Certificate in Indian Head massage
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT) Programmes/Tools to use in practice for Depression & Anxiety(West Suffolk CBT Service/ClinPsyD)
- CBT for Hypnotherapists / Master class in Depressive disorders-(ACMH)
- Solution focused Brief Therapy training-Bill O Connell
- Integrative Clinical Therapy-Staff Absence solutions
- Post Trauma workshop (The Clem Turner Hypnotherapy, Cognitive & Behavioural Practice/Work Life Balance Centre)
- Reflexology Practitioners Certificate(Pathways school of Reflexologists)
- Ear Candling Qualified practitioner (P.Quanten MD) (Herbal candles)
- Usui/Tibetan Reiki Master level